Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

So time just goes by faster each day.  We are seeing some progress in our area and I feel like I know the area better now.  We are getting into a very strong work routine.  My companion is Elder Caceres, he is my first companion from the states!  His mom is from El Salvador and his Dad is from the Dominican Republic, he is a 2 generation immigrant.

Elder Caceres has 21 months in the mission, and he is a great missionary.  Though sometimes it is super weird speaking English so much.  We basically always talk in Spanglish.  But he is also thinking about going to BYU, so I have been helping him out a little bit with his application.  His goal is to be the first person in his family to go to college.

This area is basically the opposite of Cajamarca...It is just a huge sand box.  But in spite of that I am really enjoying trying to apply everything that have learned into this area.  I hope I will be able to train before I finish the mission, but it depends on what the Lord wants from me.

So much has happened in the past couple of days I am forgetting what to write, but I am so thankful for strong members of this church.  There is a youth here named Henry who got his mission call last week.  He works everyday of the week for almost all day at the airport, yet he will  come out with us always the day that he is free.  There are some strong member missionaries here and that is what really makes the difference.

Christmas and New Years were actually pretty calm this year.  Of course there was the yearly fireworks and burning things in the street, but we spent these days just trying to get some rest.

I  am very happy in my area and I can always feel the spirit teaching with my companion.  I am excited for the things that lay ahead.

Love,
Elder Perryman

Also I forgot to say that our whole district is from the states.

Our Room 



Traditional Christmas: Empenadas, chicken, and paneton
 
 Reading Luke 2 as a District





My new companion: Elder Caceres
(He just had his birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment