Monday, January 19, 2015

What a week!

This week we had interviews with President Williams and his wife.  These are always very spiritual experiences and Sister Williams always gives us chocolate chip cookies.  I am so grateful for all the things that the Williams have taught me.

My Birthday was very low key, but I am very happy that we passed it almost like whatever day.  It was Sunday, so I am glad I had the chance to go to church and reflect upon many things.  At night our pension gave me an entire King Kong which is a huge cookie type thing from Lambayeque.  Also we drank A&W Root beer because we have both recently turned 21.

So today we went out to a park to play toss with my companions football.  We were in the grass part and one of the park "guardians" told us that we can't walk on the grass.  In Peru when there is grass, you can't step on it.  We ended up playing in the street and a moto taxi driver started watching us.  We ended up contacting him after and this Sunday we are going to visit him.

Saturday was one of the best days this week.  We taught about the temple and invited people (new investigators) to go in almost every lesson.  This made the day incredibly spiritual.  One man, Felix, let us in with the exception that we could never visit him again.  We entered his house and started to speak with him about his family and what his purpose on this earth is.  He ended up telling us that he felt like God took away his mother and for that, he had lost all hope.  We showed him "The Family" and the Trujillo Temple and he told us that he had a dream where his mother was at the temple.  The spirit was so strong there.  I know that the most important thing we can do on this earth is go to the temple.

Love,
Elder Perryman



No comments:

Post a Comment