Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mickey Mouse Pancakes

So my companion is fine, but we need to go back to the dentist this week.  Last week we were both a little sick so I am sorry I wasn't very focused on emailing (sorry mom).

So the up side to cooking for ourselves is that we save a lot of time in the morning and also we can make what we want.  Which for us consists of cereal, pancakes, and oatmeal.  These things are not typical for breakfast here so I count it as my tender mercy.

So this week we have been doing a bunch of interchanges to see how the zone is doing.  I had an interchange with a new Elder (Elder Wirthlin) this week and it was a lot of fun.  It made me remember what being new is like.  Even though Elder Wirthlin isn't a Spanish master, yet, he has a great desire to serve and is super humble.  It made me remember that in the mission it doesn't matter if we are talented or we speak the language perfectly, what is important is if we are willing to follow Christ.

President Williams is coming up to Cajamarca this week.  I am super excited because his visits are always great.  But we still have a lot of work to do here to prepare.

Peru is really different, so life and culture are different, but it all feels normal to me now.  I am sure that things like millions of dogs on the street is weird in the US, but here it is normal.  Also here in Cajamarca people don't yell out "gringo" in the street that much like they do in Chiclayo.

This week I have been studying a lot of Christ´s teaching, especially the phrase "What class of man ought ye be?"  It is something that as a missionary I know that I must be more like him day to day.  I know I am incredibly imperfect, but I also know that through Him and can make my weaknesses strengths.

Love
Elder Perryman






No comments:

Post a Comment