Monday, April 27, 2015

Elder Sulluchuco!!!

So my last companion is Elder Sulluchuco, he is from Lima Peru!  He was already in my zone and we are already great friends.  It was so funny because is the change meeting we sat next to each other and we didn't even know that we would be companions.  I am happy that he is my last companion because he is a very hard worker.

This week we have been going crazy because two companionship's are changing their rooms and looks for rooms is tough sometimes.  Also I have been showing the area and explaining some zone stuff to Elder Sulluchuco, so this has been a pretty full week.  Happily we have had a lot of time to work and we even had five investigators in church.

This week we have been working a lot with Martin.  Martin has been investigating the church for a long time, but has been unable to overcome his addiction to alcohol and be baptized.  This week though he seemed to have a different character.  He has had his ups and downs in my time in this area and it makes me feel for those who struggle with addictions.  This man wants everything to change, but sometimes he does not feel strong enough to overcome his alcoholism.  Only the gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ can truly heal help.  And it is.

This week we are planning to work like crazy in the area.  The more we use time wisely the faster it passes.  I love this work, and I want to finish strong.

Love,
Elder James Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment