Monday, March 16, 2015

Vagos!

Happy Birthday Grandma Murphy!

I forgot that tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.

With the change there are a bunch of new faces in the zone and now I feel really old.  My companion and I are the oldest by far in the zone.  But because we finish at the same time I am pretty sure that I have one more transfer left, but you never know.

This week we made a list of less active young men from 18-25 years of age and we have been trying to find them all.  The list has about 50 names, so you can see that the work now in Peru is concentrated more on finding less actives.  But I really like working with "potential future missionaries," I would love to have a calling with the young men one day.  The problem is a lot of these young men come from broken homes and they don't realize yet how much the gospel can help them and their families.

I am starting to really love playing soccer.  My companion is a soccer fanatic and he dribbles the ball in our room whenever he is thinking or bored.  Also he cut my hair this week and as a joke he shaved off the sides of my head and left everything else.  But don't worry he fixed it afterward.

I still feel like I am going to be a missionary for the rest of my life.  I feel like I would get lost if I wasn't teaching someone daily.  I love teaching now and I hope that I will be able to do teach in English too someday.

Love,
Elder Perryman





No comments:

Post a Comment