Monday, February 23, 2015

Recieving Saturday

I feel like in each one of my areas I learn a lot about another religion, because a lot of the people who live their practice it.  In my first area it was Evangelistas, then Catholics and witchcraft, then Jehovah's Witnesses, and now Adventistas.  There are so many here.  We were teaching an Adventist family this week and we didn't realize that we set the appointment for Friday night (or there beginning of the Sabbath day).  So when we got there they offered to say the first prayer to "Receive Saturday" then we taught a lesson on the importance of the sacrament (not the day).

This week Henry, a youth in the ward who has his mission call, has been coming out with us a lot.  We went contacting and I realized how prepared he is for his mission.  He would knock on the doors and start teaching without fear and the people would let him in every time.  The members do so much work here.

Also this week we have found great families.  We taught a family that loves the concept of a modern day prophet and they want to raise their child in a church.  I really hope that the families that we are teaching begin to progress.

We are also working with Martin, who is ready to be baptized, he just needs to give up alcohol.  It breaks my heart to see how sometimes he is so full of hope and other times he loses hope.  I have seen men overcome alcoholism in my mission before, and I know that it can only be done through true conversion.  This is what I hope to see with Martin.

I love you all,
Elder Perryman




No comments:

Post a Comment