Monday, February 9, 2015

Feliz Dia de la Amistad!!

I don't know if this is a Spanish thing but here in Chiclayo they say "Feliz Dia de la Amistad" which literally means "Happy Friendship Day,"  but I think they say that because Chiclayo is "La Tierra de la Amistad" or "The Land of Friendship."

This week is has been filled with meetings and the next week will be the same.  We had the leadership meeting with President and then a multi-zone conference with president Williams.  This week that is coming up we have a meeting with the stake and our zone training.
My favorite part about being zone leader are the meetings that we have with president.  They are always very spiritual.  But this time he had a practice and he called my companion and I up.  He taught us the importance of always studying Spanish/English in the mission and he said things that really got to my heart.  I know that I have the desire and the ability to learn more languages and I am excited to continue to learn Spanish, even after my mission.

So Thursday was the first day that we really started to work in the week and all we wanted to do was find new families.  We had our prayers answered and we taught a handful of complete families this week.  We even taught a family that already has a book of Mormon and they want to know why there are so many churches.  I know that the Lord has his hand in our work.

We taught Alberto this week and he understood more of the lesson, but he once again said that a couple of the books in the new testament are "more or less".  He suffered from a stroke so sometimes he forgets a lot of the basic things, which scared me about him coming to church, but he ended up coming early and walked in waving at everyone with his hands above his heads.

Also this week I taught Elder Cosentino the word "sketchy" because it doesn't even exist in Spanish.  He made me laugh so many time this week because we would be walking in the street pointing out things as "sketchy" and at the end of the day he just said "Peru is sketchy."

I have realized that I have so many things that I need to do before my mission, yet so little time.  I know that I can't waste a second.  I am excited to keep working here with Elder Cosentino Buentino and to make the most out of every second.

Love,
Elder Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment