Monday, July 14, 2014

7 Cathedrals of Cajamarca

So Cajamarca is known for its 7 cathedrals so today we decided to take a tour of some of them.  I love the architecture, but it doesn't feel the same as the chapels.  I understand more and more when people say that they feel something different inside of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This week I met an old friend that I met in Ferreñafe.  His name is Harry and I found out that he lives in my area.  We are starting to teach him, but it is sad because his daughter recently passed away, so he finds a lot of comfort in the doctrine of the church.  This week he also came to an activity that we had and we gave him a tour of the chapel.  He said that his favorite painting was of Moroni, because of the strength him must have had.

We are starting to leave as a ward every Saturday at 7 in the morning to visit less actives and it is fantastic.  Even though we have to wake up a bit more early to leave it is a great experience because it helps strengthen the ward.

Also I am starting to forget certain things in English.  Because I always say my prayers in Spanish (including personal prayers) it is tough for me to not speak Spanish automatically.  For example a Sister in my ward asked for a blessing in English and I was struggling to not speak Spanish.  I feel like when I come home I will need to take English classes.

I feel so blessed to be able to have the Bishop and his wife as my pension.  The Bishop here is super loving and helps us so much.  He is a convert of about the same time as dad and I can see a lot of similarities in there testimonies.

Love,
Elder Perryman




No comments:

Post a Comment