Monday, June 23, 2014

Elder Gomez!!!!

So my new companion is from Chile and has been going crazy over the world cup this week.  But he is the best.  He has 4 months in the mission and is super ready to work.  We work super well together and I am extremely excited for this change.  He also has the funniest alarm clock so we have dance parties when it goes off in the morning.  In this area we work a lot with less actives.  Usually we have about 90/400 members in church here, so there is much work to be done.  We always talk about making Baños a stake because the area is so large and this change we have goals to open work in certain areas.

I am extremely excited for this new part of my mission, especially because we will have our new president come in next week.  I love this area, I could stay here for half my mission.  We eat with the bishop, who is the most loving guy, and our mission leader is super organized.

So we have been teaching the Vargas family for a while, who live on top of a hill.  So visiting them is fun because we are always out of breath when we make it to there house.  But they came to church this week!  I was so happy a member was able to give them a ride (he has a 4x4) because the father can't walk well and one of the daughters is pregnant.  Also in the third hour we lost the father, later we found that he went outside because he was cold.  So my companion and I read 3 Nephi 11 with him outside in the sun.  I enjoyed it because even as a missionary I have a hard time sitting still in class.

This Saturday we had an activity at 7 in the morning to visit families and it was fantastic.  I left with Brother PPC, a recent convert, to "El Inca".  El Inca is a small part of our area that is above a hill.  It was fun going with PPC and he really has a love for the gospel.  He such a loving and humble guy and he helps us a lot here.  Also he has a combi (minivan) so he gives us rides sometimes.  I know that it is not important if you know a lot about the gospel, Brother PPC is still in the learning process.  What is important is if you love Christ and are willing to follow Him.

Also something that I learned about giving references for the missionaries this week (this is for you mom).  We do not think of names first when we want to give the missionaries a reference.  We must think of a date (a goal) and then pray and when we do this the Lord will put someone in our path that needs the gospel.

Love
Elder Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment