Monday, March 24, 2014

Cambio Focos, Limpiar Techos

I love service, it is my favorite thing in the world.  This week we went out with everyone who is preparing for a mission and it was great.  I went to visit Hna Jessica, one of our less actives and we ended up helping her family clean there cambi (those big minivan things).  It was super fun and really good because we were able to gain more confidence with some of her family who are not yet members of the church.  Also I got to play with her kid, Fabricio, who is the happiest little kid in the world.  While cleaning one of my companions was joking that I also change light bulbs and clean roofs, because I am tall for Peru.

Something really funny that happened this week was that one of my recent converts, Gerson, came up to me and asked me "Is it alright to date?"  I was confused because we have taught about the "For the Strength of Youth" and the Law of Chastity, but I talked with him a bit about what the For the Strength of Youth says.  After that he told Armando, the young man who baptized him, "Elder Perryman says its alright to go on dates."  And Armando just said "yeah, but not with my sister" and stormed off.  It might have been one of the funniest moments on my mission because the youth here all treat each other like brothers and sometimes its super funny.

Also we went out contacting, looking for new people to teach and it was a great experience.  We visited a widow and her daughter with three members and we had an extremely good lesson.  Hna Estephania, one of our members, gave the closing prayer and the woman we were teaching started to cry.  I know that she needed our message.  I don't know exactly what she was going through, but I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ helped.

Love,
Elder Perryman



No comments:

Post a Comment