Monday, January 20, 2014

Levántate Elder Lazaro

Wow!  This week has been crazy.  There has been so much to do.  For my birthday I went to the pension of the other missionaries.  Their pension, Hermana Irma, is the best!  She bought me a cake and everything.  I got egged on the head which is a tradition here in Peru.  I also got my face smashed in the cake which is another tradition here.  But I have gotten to the point where all the days basically feel the same because I just want to get out and teach.  Our ward has so much potential and I feel like I need to do all I can to help them.

My new companion is good.  His name is Elder Lazaro which is the English equivalent of Lazarus, so everyone jokes about his name.  He is super funny, but childish.  This is his third change in the mission and he had an emergency change with his trainer so he needs to review a lot of Preach my Gospel.  But it is nice still being with a Latino.  I feel more accustomed speaking in Spanish now.

I love my ward and I would love to stay here for another 3 changes, but I will go wherever the Lord needs me.  We found so many new people who can progress in the gospel.  This Sunday we had 7 investigators in the chapel.  It is amazing how much the members can help.  I really never feel like I am working.  I am just reading things that I enjoy (I love scripture study now), visiting families who want to learn of Christ, and helping the Bishop with whatever he needs to get done while doing a bit of service when needed.

I love this work.  I know it is true and I will keep pressing on until He says it is finished.  I am meant to be in Peru.  Everyday I feel blessed to be serving here.

Love,
Elder Perryman




No comments:

Post a Comment