Monday, October 20, 2014

Waffles!!!


I just have to start this by saying that I had two breakfasts’ today; I made my pensionista banana pancakes and then we ate waffles as a district.  I missed waffles.

So I love missionary work, but I would be a liar if I said that I love touching (knocking) doors.  It is an essential part of the work, but we always try to contact people in different ways when the traditional tracting does not work.  This week we were walking to visit a member and we saw two ladies struggling to paint a lamp outside a very nice gated house.  I offered to paint and told them that I wouldn't need a ladder.  When the owner came out she started to put her hand out and tell us that she didn't want anything, but when we told her that we were just there to paint she let us in, fed us lunch, and accepted a date for us to return to teach.  Service brings miracles.

The gordito in the photo is Jesus.  He turned one the other day so we stopped by to see his family.  Part of the family are members of the church, but the other half are investigating.  The husband (who is holding his baby in the photo) works in another city, but we try and teach him as much as we can.  He is great and his wife wants to be baptized, but is waiting for his permission (Cajamarca is a very "machista" society).  I love seeing families together, but I want this family especially to be united in the gospel.


The picture of all the missionaries squished together was all of the North Americans in my zone at conference.  The price that we pay to watch these inspired messages in English.

This week has flown by and in this week that is coming up an Area Seventy is coming up to visit Cajamarca.  I am super excited for another opportunity to listen to Elder Waddel.

Our new pensionista is also our new investigator; her family is the greatest.  She has already said that she always wants to be part of this church and one of her sons today said that he believes that Joseph Smith was an inspired prophet of God.  My favorite thing about eating with them is that every time we eat we usually end up staying and teaching a small principle.  Today we finished breakfast talking about temples with Maribel (our pension) and we finished lunch speaking with her son about why there are so many churches.  It truly is a blessing to be with them.

I really do think that I am in the best zone in the mission and I am extremely happy to be here.  While visiting with other Elders here I see how they teach and I am so happy that this zone also has great missionaries.  We see sad things almost daily, but it all just makes me feel so grateful for everything that I have; especially this opportunity to preach the gospel of Christ.

Love,
Elder Perryman


 
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment