Monday, August 25, 2014

Bye Bye Baños (I think)

So this week has been crazy.  It has flown by and I am just ready to know what is going on.  Monday night I received a call telling me that there will be 2 new elders in my district.  Then Tuesday we had our district meeting and in the night I received a call telling me that President Williams will be coming Wednesday.  Wednesday night President told us that the Cajamarca Zone is going to split in two and then each district will receive (at least) 2 MORE elders and that we need to find a pension and a room for them the same week.  Thursday was a leadership meeting and afterwards President came to our area to revise our room/area book (our room is super clean) and then to see the pension and room for the new elders.  Saturday we signed the housing contract and Sunday we showed the new Elders the area.  On top of all of this I think I have a transfer and I don't know what is going to happen.

This week we started off having FHE at the Stake Presidents house.  He spoke with us about the area, the families that need help, and what we can do.  Then my companion and I taught about unity and how it affects conversion.  The spirit we felt in his house was super strong and a great way to start off the week.

Friday night we had mission night and it was super fun.  We brought Andres (a recent convert) and promised his mom that he would be back before 8:30.  Andres is the best, we always visit him and I gave him a CTR ring the other week.  In the activity I lost track of time and at about 8:40 I told Andres that it was time to go back.  He said he didn't want to go, but I insisted because I didn't want his mom to think that I am a liar.  He ran back to where his mom works crying and I knew something was weird.  We followed him and when we got to his moms work I sat down by his side and talked with him.  He told me that he was sorry and then explained to us about in his school how they bully him and he just wants to stay and hang out with us.  I gave him a hug and told him not to worry and he started to cry on my shoulder.  I felt so bad that some times the most valiant youth have to pass through difficulties too.  My companion gave him advice to help him and then we left.  But what I love most about Andres is that he told me "I am sorry that I lost my CTR ring in school (someone stole it) I will always try to do what is right".

This week we taught a new couple.  The husband is German and the wife is Peruvian.  They were super nice and receptive to us, but I feel like we were teaching their minds, and not their spirits.  Sometimes we can teach and feel the spirit super strong, but it is still up to each person if they want to open their heart to feel the same thing or just to think about the problems.  Also when we finished the lesson they said "padre nuestro" in German.  You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

Anyway this week was crazy and the week that is coming up will be crazy, I love you all.

Love
Elder Perryman

[Sorry, no pictures this week from Elder Perryman]

No comments:

Post a Comment