Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy President's Day!¿!

So I forgot that it was president day.  The only holidays that are really big here are new years and all the random Peruvian holidays which I don't exactly understand yet.  I also forgot all about the Olympics until I saw my pension watching it on here TV.  I seriously feel like I'm in a different world sometimes, but I like that.

So this week we had lunch at Hna Yasmin's house.  She is not a member, but she is the nicest lady ever. She made us lunch and we talked with her for a good time.  She even offered to take letters back home for me.  Then we talked about religion with her and her sister.  Both are Catholics culturally, but have a couple of different beliefs, but both have a grand testimony of God.  Her sister said something that was super interesting to me, she said "always teach that Our Heavenly Father is Loving, no matter what".  I love this because the first principal of the first lesson is that we have a loving Heavenly Father. Sometimes we think that He has forgotten about us or even people say that he has rejected them, but that is never true, like the story of the Prodigal son the Father is always waiting with open arms.

Thursday was such a great day.  First we made tacos with Lugi and his family, so far Luigi is the only member of his family, so we wanted a way to gain confidence with everyone in their family.  And there is no better way to make friends than through food and the gospel of Christ.  What a combo!  Anyway after that we worked with the missionaries from Tarapcá and we went on splits with two of the young men in the ward.  It was such a great experience.  The young men are now excited to go out and teach with us and we have someone coming out with us everyday next week.

Today we decided to go to Chili's to eat lunch.  Yes I know I can hear dad asking "Chili's?!? Why Chili's when you are in Peru."  But this has to do with the things can be backwards here.  In Chiclayo Chili's isn't where you take you 4 screaming kids, it is a fancy place to take a date.  Also we were all missing food from the states.

This week we worked so hard, but we never touched a single door.  We just went out and talked to people who seemed interested, or talked with people on the street.  There are all people in the street. But my favorite lesson that I taught was to three teenagers this week.  So every Friday we have sports night in the church and we always go to set appointments and bond with the ward.  We started playing a bit and then realized that there were a couple youth who we didn't know so we decided to teach them. We taught them about the reason the gospel is important in our lives, especially as youth.  How if we truly want to accomplish things in life, we must do it through The Great Mediator of all things.  Through Christ we can accomplish everything, but we must trust him first.

Love,
Elder Perryman




No comments:

Post a Comment