Monday, November 25, 2013

Elder Nelson was Great!

So Elder Nelson was great.  He was so nice and his talk was great.  Both he and his wife spoke a lot about family history work and how there are generations of people on our side.  I had a bit of a fever this week, but I was determined to go see Elder Nelson despite my condition.  I actually felt completely better after his talk.

It is weird that I am having a change soon (probably).  I love this area, and my companion right now, but I need a change.  We have been working hard this week and we were able to place two baptismal dates on the same day.  Sadly I will not be here for them and I really don't want to miss the baptism of Martina.  Though I know she is in good hands with Elder Flores.

This week has been hard to work with the President of the Rama [Branch], it is teaching me patience. We do not have a Relief Society President or a Young Men's President.  Also we had a branch meeting, for every branch council, in Pacasmayo, and it was just me and Elder Flores.  When there was a segment to have a mock branch council, everyone had there members and we had each other.  But at least I have a branch, there are areas in this mission with only three members. 

It is weird that Thanksgiving is this week.  I have totally forgotten about it.  The celebrations here are so different and I am forgetting about stuff from America.  I will definitely be missing a white Christmas this year.

I love you family, keep it up.  I love getting everyone's emails.  I always print them off and read them.  You are all in my prayers.

Te amo
Elder Perryman 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment