Monday, May 18, 2015

2 more weeks in the promised land of Peru!!

So I am sorry that last week I didn't write.  Because of Mother's Day, we spent a little more time playing soccer and we lost track of time.  But today we went to Eten and played capture the flag.  I am super tired.

Tonight we have a lesson with Hubert, who is programmed to be baptized this week.  I really hope that he can meet his goal because he has such a great heart.  But, like many of the people here, he has a sad past and many obstacles to overcome.

This week while we were contacting we found another complete family.  They were nice, receptive to the gospel, and they had friends who are members of the church.  Sadly they told us directly: "You Mormons have many rules which we still can't live.  We still like to drink and dance."  This reminded me so much of 2 Nephi 28:7 and I realized that the book of Mormon prophets realized exactly how our world would be.  Lucky they have also given the solution, but the investigators must accept it.

Love,
Elder Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment