Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Birthday, Elder Payare!

So this week was my companion's birthday and we had the traditional Peruvian smashing his face in the cake.  I don't know why, but here it is considered a bad birthday if someone doesn't throw an egg at you or you don't get cake in your face.

But sadly this week we have not had a lot of time to go out and teach.  The trip to Chiclayo takes a good chunk of time out of the week and Friday we had our zone training.

I am so excited for the "He is the Gift" video that the church is putting out.  That worldwide, the message of Christmas is being spread by missionaries.  It is also the perfect way for members to invite us missionaries into their homes.  I am also excited for Christmas in general.

My pension is the greatest.  This week she presented one of her friends to us and she testified of the Book of Mormon.  She isn't even baptized yet, but I have seen how the gospel has changed her life and has given her so much hope.

In the week to come are transfers so I will let you know if I stay or if I go.

Love Always,
Elder Perryman








No comments:

Post a Comment