Monday, September 9, 2013

Segundo Cambio!!

This week flew by!  I cant believe Collin is already leaving on his mission.  I am sad to here about Brother Bang.  He is a huge spiritual giant in my mind and will always be an example of a righteous life.  We found out who was leaving today.  Elder Palacios is staying to finish my training.  I feel like I have been teaching forever.  I just finished a lesson today where I told the story of Zeezrom and asked Paco (a recent convert) how he could apply it to his life.  It was weird that I feel comfortable speaking and actually getting down to deeper thoughts in Spanish.  Oh,, also the time clock in the mission is super weird.  We eat around 8 every day and today we have a strange email time because we went to Chiclayo for cambios, so sorry this is coming in late.  Also because of the weird day I don't have much time to write.  I got my package! but I did not have enough time to pick it up because today was hectic.  I did however meet my grandfather (The trainer of Elder Palacios).  I said goodbye to my first district leader and saw a bunch of old friends.

I don't have my memory card with me, but I have a lot of great pictures to send next week.  We had a baptism for Marco this past Saturday and will have another this upcoming Saturday.  Marco is a 20 year old farmer from El Alto.  He is super humble and has great faith.  He is funny because he talks SUPER fast and always asks me about how to say stuff in English.  He has a great spirit and I just want to take him along for visits with us.  Isabel is a single mom with super humble circumstances, but has a mountain of faith.  Her child Noé has Asperger's and is a handful.  I love the little kid, he always makes the lessons eventful and the other day I actually walked him to church with Elder Palacios because his mom needed more time to get ready.

The other day for our Noche misional we watched the other side of heave (in Spanish of course) with some members and investigators.  It was super funny, and make me so glad that I am on my mission.  All the members started calling me Kalipoki afterwards.  I love the members.  It is crazy how much I have grown to love it here.  I never would have guessed that I would be in a small little farm town in Perú and be having the time of my life.  I know it is because I am preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is the source of happiness in my life.  I don't have much time, but I just want to say, and emphasize, that I know this church is true.  I know that true change is wrought through the teachings of Jesus Christ, and miracle come through faith.

Te Amo
Elder Perryman

No comments:

Post a Comment