Friday, July 19, 2013

Ustedes pueden hacer esto

Buenos Dias!

I just want to begin by apologizing for my spelling from here on out, learning Spanish is not helping my English.  By the way "ñ" <---these thingy's are on the keyboards here and its so cool. The title of this one mean "you can do it", it is from a talk which we heard this week, which I loved.  I enjoyed getting/reading all of your emails this week.  This week has been so busy/gratifying.  In my letter I sent home I mostly talked about my experience of "prosilitismo" out in the streets of Peru.  It was a severely humbling experience.  I love the people here and how willing they are to listen to us.  One of the "homes" that we went into was so rough that just thinking about it makes me sad.  Some of the people here live in the most humble conditions.  Though most Peruvians are happy, this is because this country has such a strong faith in Christ.

Our little adventure for this week was going to Immigración. Picture the DMV, with three floors, all in Spanish.  It was a trial of patience to say the least.  Think about a stack of paperwork, then make it into a different language.  This was nice though because it gave me some time to test my Spanish.  The fun part was that while most people took a tourist bus there, me and a couple other missionaries took a cab.  The cab drivers name was Oscar and he liked to drive fast.  We drove further into the city and the roads got even crazier.  We saw forklifts on the main roads and no one really seemed to mind it.

Today was P-day and it was so great.  We got to go to the temple, which is always fantastic.  Also we went to Tottus and got fried chicken, we call it PFC and it is delicious.  Later today Elder Coons and I got to introduce ourselves to all the new North Americans, because we are zone leaders.  A friend from back home (Carson Tunney) came in this shipment.  I have already talked to him a bit and I can tell he will be a stellar missionary.

Some fun things with the language: The more I speak with Latinos the more I find out about words I shouldn't mix up, because of the faces they give me.  When I tell them that I am from Ohio every once and a while they think I am saying I am angry (Enojado).  Pescado means fish, and pecado means sin.  And my favorite from this week is Sagrado means sacred and sangrado means bloody.  So while teaching a lesson about the Restoration I accidentally said "The Bloody Grove".

Lessons are going super well besides that.  Elder Coons and I are working super well as a companionship.  We are exact opposite, but it works for our benefit.  He is very serious, but deep down he has a heart of gold.  He is a great example of being focused as a servant of the Lord.  When we teach I can feel the Spirit testifying through us.  It is such a great experience to be able to be an instrument in the hands of God.

I have never been so grateful for the wonderful life that I have.  I am so blessed to have a loving family, a girlfriend who is a supreme example to me and many others, and a gospel which brings happiness to everyone who will hear it.  I know this church is true.  I know that I must go forward with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, to serve the Lord.  I owe it to Him.

Love,
Elder Perryman

P.S. - My new address after the next couple weeks will be:
Peru Chiclayo Mission
Calle Maria Izaga #690, 3er Piso
(Cruce con Av. Balta)
Chiclayo, Lambayeque
Peru

Addresses are super confusing here...



No comments:

Post a Comment